1. How did your South Uist Estate journey begin?
I started working for South Uist Estates in 2017 covering a maternity reception post until early 2018. Very lucky that the same post was advertised in 2019 and permanent contract from Jan 2020
2. What is your favourite spot on the Estate and why?
Very hard to decide on a favourite spot on the Estate when you have lived here all your life so to name a few – out the kitchen window of my home in Milton, or the beach a stone throw away from the house The Howmore bridge with the 3 peaks in the background. Looking out one of the upstairs bedrooms in the lodge with full view of loch Grogarry and the machair land.
3. What is your favourite part of the job?
You see ‘admin’ in my title and assume it’s just answering the phone and sitting at a desk, but it is so much more than that, working together with all departments across the company, to bring it forward and thrive.
4. South Uist Estate attracts clients back annually, what do you think draws them back each year?
I think the fact that no matter where you go in the world, nothing compares to South Uist and there is nowhere else like it. That along with the fresh sea air, stunning landscapes and friendly, welcoming people, there is definitely something for everyone.
5. Looking forward what excites you most about the/your future of/on the Estate?
The potential the Estate has is endless and exciting. To be born and bred in South Uist and working for the community company is something I am so proud to be a part of.